How to Plan an Event
An "Event" is any activity that meets any one of these criteria:
To host an Event, someone in your Troop must take the on-line Service Unit Event Manager Training. Access this training via the GSNorCal learning portal.
Event flyers are presented at Leader meetings and posted on the Events page the following day.
Questions? Contact our Program Support Manager - Michelle Pieralde.
Start Here: Crossroads Event Planning Packet
Event Planning Forms
Event Evaluation Summary
Payment Request Form (Reimbursement from CRSU Form)
Deposit Slip Form
Crossroads Budget Planning Worksheet
Crossroads Final Finance Report
Crossroads Payment with a Product Sale Rewards Card Form
Crossroads Friendship Fund Request Form
Service Unit Name: Crossroads
Service Unit Number: 309
Council Forms & Links
Event Notification Form (Staff Contact: Georgia Kopel, firstname.lastname@example.org; 510-562-8470 ext 3013)
Media Information Form
Approved Vendors List
Fundraising/Money Earning Forms
A Note on Mailing Badges...
If you decide to go this route, from someone who has mailed over 5000! Here is the best practice for mailing badges:
- Mail in regular #10 envelopes.
- Tape individual badges to a piece of paper so they will lay flat in a single layer in the envelope and not bunch up. 3M double stick tape works well if you put a piece in the center of the badge (not the stitched edges) and rub the face of the badge as you stick it to the paper.
- The badges make the envelope "non-machinable" which means there is a 15 cent surcharge to mail them.
- If the envelope is 1 ounce in weight or less, then the cost is 55 cents plus 15 cents - so $0.70 total. You will need to take them to the post office to pay this exact amount of postage. I have found that a single layer of badges the size of a #10 envelope is less than 1 ounce.
- If you allow the badges to bunch up or put them in another size envelope then it ships as a small package - the starting price for those is $3.50. So it is cheaper to send multiple #10 envelopes before going this route.